Monday, November 28, 2011

11/28/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[Adam's email for this week, our questions are in brackets.]

[How is your toe doing since your procedure?] My toe is doing better.
[I guess you couldn't do any baptisms because of your foot this week, did your companion do them?]
 I had a baptism yesterday too, I didn't perform it, my companion did, and I was a witness.

[Today is Grandpa Crosby's Birthday and your 7 month anniversary, busy day, can you believe it?]  Tell Grandpa Happy birthday for me!  It has been going by really fast, I can't believe that I have been here for 7 months.

[What have you learned about your new companion and roommates since you've been with them for awhile now?]  I am still trying to get to know them, my companion and the other missionaries.

[Have you started seeing any preparations for Christmas in your area yet?]  There are a lot of things for Christmas here, but not like in the US.

[What lessons did you get to teach this week?]  This week was pretty much contacting people to teach them this coming week and helping our baptisms and less active members.

[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience this week was after my surgery, I think it was Wednesday.  I went to an investigator's house that isn't really progressing.  She keeps saying, "oh, I have faith in Christ and I will be saved by my faith."  I was a little grumpy because of the pain in my toe, but happy that I was able to walk around.  I got there and spoke about faith and shared with her the scriptures in James 2:15-16 and the last one of the chapter, I think it is verse 26.  I knew she wasn't paying attention so I spoke straight to her and basically said show your faith and pray to know if this Church is true or not, if you don't do this, you basically do not have faith in the Lord to ask Him if this is His church here on the earth or not.  I know that it was not just me saying that, that the Spirit was helping me because I said other things that I had never thought of talking with her about.  The Lord does not play games with His Church and with those who are really searching for the truth.

That is pretty much it for the week, I don't really have too much to share this week other than yesterday we had a flash flood in my area and at the church.  It sounds like all of you had a fun thanksgiving!
Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!