Tuesday, November 22, 2011

11/21/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[Adam's email for this week, our questions are in brackets.]
 
[I'm assuming there isn't Thanksgiving in Brazil, any other holiday similar to it?]  They don't have Thanksgiving and I don't know if they have a holiday like it.  I know that to eat a big bird, we have to wait until Christmas.  I don't even remember what day Thanksgiving is on.  Sounds like you are going to have a fun Thanksgiving.
[How did the baptism go? Do you still have two more lined up for the next couple of weeks?]  The baptism went well.  We have baptized two people this transfer up to now and we have one lined up for this Sunday.
[What the scoop? the good, the bad and the ugly?]  The ugly news right now is that I got an ingrown toenail, even with me trying all that I could to make sure that I didn't get one.  I go in today to get it removed and will be in the apartment for I think 2 days.  The bad news is that our group of investigators is kind of small, but the good news is that we are still baptizing and the members are starting to help more!
[Have you received our packages that we mailed you?]  I received one box and I am waiting on the other one.
[You said you were using a dumb computer in your last email, where do you go to have access to computers?]  We go to a lan house to use the computers, and some of the computers don't work very well.
[Isn't it summer there? How hot has it been getting?]  Yeah it is summer here, I think it is getting up into the high 80's or low 90's, but summer hasn't really started yet is what all of the Brazilians keep saying.
[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience this week has to be the baptism that we had where it was a mom being baptized by her son, it was really cool!

I don't really have too much else to say right now so I will close with saying Happy Thanksgiving!
Teu Filho Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!