Wednesday, November 9, 2011

11/7/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[Adam's email for this week, our questions are in brackets, the first part is from part of his email last week that didn't make it to us so he had to resend.]

[When are the next transfers?]  The next transfers after this will be December 13.

[Did you have your baptism this week?]  No, but we have one scheduled for this next Sunday with another lady, we finally marked a date with her, we have been trying to do that with her since the beginning of the transfer, she is the one that her pastor said good things about us.

[What has been your funniest experience so far?]  My funniest thing that has happened was jumping on a trampoline for little kids, and seeing my companion do this because he had never jumped on a trampoline before.

[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience this week was marking the date for the baptism.  Oh and I have now worked in a thunder and lightning storm, missionary work does not stop for a storm.

This week was pretty crazy, but it was really good as well.  We had the baptism and I got to baptize her!

[Since you were the only one left in the district after the last transfer are you now a senior companion?  Who is your new companion and what is he like?]  I am not a senior yet because I still have to work on speaking the language a little more, but I am pretty much doing the things that a senior would be doing, my new companion has one transfer more than me.  My new companion is Elder Pithan, he is a  Brazilian from the southern part of Brazil.  He likes food a lot and he likes to mess around.

[Who are your new roommates and what are they like?]  There are two new missionaries, one is a Brazilian from Recife, and the other is a newbie American which is fun.  We are all helping him with learning Portuguese.  Their names are Elder Pombeiro and Elder Perdue.  We all goof around a lot in the house, it is really fun.

[What do you do when you all meet up for transfers at the mission home, how does all that work?]  We meet up for transfers in a giant bus station, and we sing the mission´s hymn and then we find out who is going where and what is going on, we get our letters and packages too.

[Have you meet any new contacts that look promising?]  We have marked for 2 other baptisms for the 20th of this month.

[How many lessons did you teach?]  I taught 19 lessons this past week.

[How is the ward, are they treating you well? Do you have a favorite family in the ward?]  The ward is awesome, we are working on helping them with improving their missionary efforts as a ward.  I have a few favorite families in the ward that I like.

[What was the most fun that you had this week?  What made you Laugh?]  The most fun that I had this week was goofing off with my companion and the other missionaries, and eating at a members house.  What made me laugh this week is the other missionaries.

[What was your best experience this week?]  The most spiritual would have to have been the baptism.

I hope that all is going well for you and that you are having fun with life.  The only thing that I would ask for right now is a good massage from Vicki [our favorite massage therapist] and Zebra Pens.  But the massage will have to wait until after the mission, and the pens can be sent whenever you want to send them.  Oh I  almost forgot to tell you that they opened up a new zone here, zone Serra.  I am one of the first missionaries in the new zone and I also had the first baptism in the zone of Serra!!!!!!!!

Seu Filho Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!