Thursday, November 3, 2011

10/31/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[This week's email from Adam, our questions are in brackets]
[Do you go on splits with ward members?]  When we have splits we always have an appointment scheduled, and when someone blows us off we are pretty much in the toilet because we don't have anyone to help us with both appointments and we have to choose between each which one we think is most important. its not fun.
[Did you baptize the women who's brother had the accident?]  No we did not baptize her, she didn't want to wake her daughter up so that she could go to church.
[How about the family who is not married yet?]  The couple is not married yet and has not come to church yet either.
[What did you do that was fun?]  This past Sunday we had a training with the youth in the ward.  We trained them to be receptionists for our investigators so that the ward will help us with them.  We had a practice and I was the "investigator" and I had fun with that.  And pretty much just goofing off with the other missionaries.
[What was the most spiritual?]  The most spiritual thing for me this week was marking a date with the investigator that said that her pastor spoke good things about us, we had been waiting a long time for this and when she accepted I felt so much peace and love for her that it was so cool!
[How are the living conditions?]  The living conditions are good, they are different.  They are "good" standards here, but "ok" standards in the US.
[How are you getting along with your companion?] My companion is really cool, I am getting along pretty well with him, but he is being transferred tomorrow to another area along with the other missionaries here.  I am the only one that is going to be staying, I have to admit that it is kind of scary knowing this.  Please pray for me to have the strength to be able to do what needs to be done here and also to remember where everything is.

Here are more photos.  Megan I took these photos of the monkeys just for you :) cause I know how much you like monkeys .

Elder McBarron










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!