Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10/24/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[Adam's email for this week, our questions are in brackets]

I am 1/4 of the way done with my mission. I miss Wednesday [our dog] too, whenever I see little dogs I want to play with them the same way that I play with Wednesday.  I really miss spending time with you all, I miss talking with you all and I can't wait for Christmas to come so that I can talk with you guys. 

[Did your baptism happen?]  We didn't get our baptism this week because her brother broke both of his legs in an accident that day and visiting hours were during the end of church and the time that she would have been baptized.

[Any new investigators this week?]  We have some new investigators, one had been drinking for over 50 years.  We are going to try and mark a baptismal date with him today.  We also have a family that we are teaching, but I don't know how long we are going to be teaching them for because they don't want to get married.  We can't really teach them if they do not want to get married, because without them being married they can't get baptized unless they separate from each other.  As a matter of fact we have 2 families in the same boat.

[Do you have many opportunities to speak English now?]  I can speak in English with the other American living with me in the apartment, and with our  District Leader who has learned English pretty well.
[What was the the most fun you had? What made you laugh?What did you do to make others laugh?]   We mess around with each other, me and the other missionaries.  We make fun of each other all of the time.  I make them laugh just by being me, and with have some really stupid conversations.

[Can you take some pictures of your area so that we can see where you are? Your apartment? Your companion?]  I have taken recent pictures, not many, but I will try to take some pictures of my area and apartment and companion.

[What has been your best Sunday so far?]  My best Sunday so far would have to be the Sunday of General Conference.

[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience this week was when one of my investigators told us about what her pastor said.  When she started off we were thinking OK what bad thing did a pastor say about us this time.  Then she said, "my pastor said that these young men are true servants of God and that they are truly doing the Lord´s work and we should be doing the same thing."  She said that after he said this she realized that this is the true church and that she wants to be baptized.  This is the first time that I have ever heard of a pastor helping with missionary work.  We are thinking about going and teaching this pastor.

I miss you all and love you all.

Seu Filho

Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!