Monday, October 3, 2011

10/3/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[Adam's email for this week, our questions are in brackets.  I emailed him that Sister Litchfield, one of the moms on the missionary mom email group, said that her son just got out of the CTM and his first companion is Elder Turley in Serra Sede which is Adam's last companion and area.]

Elder Litchfield is my brother from the mission because we had that same father or trainer.  I have added some pictures, one is of my District in Serra Sede.  One is of me and Elder Turley, what is funny about the picture is that I am the goofy one in the picture but he was the goofy companion and I was the more serious companion.  One of my hand healing, and the last one is of my last baptism in Serra Sede.
      
Serra Sede District Missionaries           
Elder McBarron & Elder Turley
Last person Adam baptized in Serra Sede
Adam's healing hand
[If you got to hear conference, anything specific you liked? (I really liked the one talk about missionaries from the Seventy from Japan, it also made me think about you a lot.)]  I really liked the talk by Elder Callister about the Book of Mormon a lot!!!!!!!
 
[What cool things have you found out about your new companion and other missionary roommates?]  I found out that I was at BYUH at the same time as the other American missionary in the apartment, his name is Elder Buttars and my companion and his companion are from the same city.

[Any net places to see in your new area?]  There really aren't many neat places to see here that I know of right now.
 
[Did you find anyone new to teach this week?]  This week was kind of a crudy week for me, blues of the mission is more like it.  We taught our investigators as best we could this week, and invited them all to come to General Conference, but none came.  We even tried to bring a few of them, but they were either sick or not home or just didn't want to go with us.  Just pray for me and my companion to know what is required of us and how best to act now.
 
[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience this week was watching conference.  I got to watch conference in the church building and also in English which was a blessing.  Conference was amazing!! Could you get a copy for me in English to read after the mission, I will probably be getting it in Portuguese here.
 
I love you all and miss you all.  I hope all is going well for you all.

Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!