Saturday, October 1, 2011

9/26/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[Adam's email this week, our questions are in brackets.  I sent him this joke that was going around the missionary moms email groups:  A blond is watching the news and hears that 2 Brazilian men died in a skydiving accident.  She cries and says, "Oh my gosh, how many is a Brazilian?"]

Mom I really liked that joke!  Tell grandpa that I hope everything goes well with his surgery and that I will be praying for him the whole time.  Mom keep working on trying to do your best [I've been keeping him updated on my weight loss], it will all pay off in the end.  I have put on about 11 pounds here, but I also haven't really been working out.  I need to figure out what I can do for exercises and then I know that I will be exercising every day.  I am really enjoying my mission here and can't wait to share stories in person with everyone, but I still have about 19 or so months to go before I am able to do that, so I will have to get some good stories in that time frame.  I have had my first mission blues, but they haven't been that bad as of yet.  Life in general right now is pretty great.

[Where did you get transferred too? What is it like?]  I got transferred to Jardim Limoeiro, it is about an hour away from my last area by bus so it is probably about 20 minutes by car.  It is kind of like Serra Sede, but we do a lot more walking in this area.  I have the neighborhoods of Cidade Contenetail (I think that is how you spell that) in my area which is a long ways away from where we live.

[Who is your new companion?]   My companion is Elder Espinosa, he is from Brazil, Curitiba I think.  I am learning a lot more now that I am with a Brazilian companion and I have to speak Portuguese to communicate.  We are finding a lot of people to teach, we will see how that goes.  We are still trying to get to know the area as both of us got transferred into this area this transfer.

[What is your new apartment like?]  My new apartment is kind of a cruddy little hole, but it works and I am not complaining about it.

[What is your new ward like? And the people?]  The new ward is really cool, I  really like it.  It is the ward Jardim Limoeiro.  We don't really have a ward mission leader helping us right now, he was just called to be the ward mission leader about one month ago and so he doesn't really know what he is doing.  Plus he works Sundays so things aren't really going too fast with him right now.

[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience this week has been hanging out with the other elders that are in the area next to us that live in the same apartment as me and my companion.
I miss you all and love you.

Elder Adam McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!