Monday, January 7, 2013

1/7/13 Email From Vitória

It looks like my release date will be the 17th, I will be flying home the 17th of April. 

We had fun with New Year's Eve until we tried to sleep. We stayed up until midnight and then tried to sleep, but it sounded here like they were having a war here.  One of our neighbors started setting off big huge fireworks off right out side of our window, which was a little strange.

I had a good week, we were not able to get to work as normally this week but we got close.  We had some good lessons this week, but we also had to let someone go that we have been working with for a while.  Also I had a division this week which was pretty fun.  I was with another American that just got here and he has the same amount of time on the mission as what I have left.  It was cool to help him with building his self confidence.  We found some new people to teach and we have a few people that are just about ready for baptism, we just need to mark a date with them. We are working a lot and we are trying to find more people to teach. We are working as best we can and we are having a little bit of success. We are also being "missionary teachers" kind of like home teachers helping out this month with the visits here. We have one family to reactivate which in turn will help reactivate another family. I am really learning the importance of getting home and visiting teaching done and how it impacts the lives of the other members in the ward. We are trying to work with references, but we are getting very few.

Well, that is pretty much all that happened this week.  This week we have been working in the heat and sun, that is pretty fun. I will be so tan when I get home it won't even be funny.  We have not had any rain yet here, but it should be coming here in a few weeks.  I have some cool pics to send of the area and other things.   Miss you and love you.

Elder McBarron
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!