Monday, November 5, 2012

11/5/12 Email from São Mateus

Well this week was a pain, I had to go and get another ingrown toenail removed.  I had to wait a really long time to get in and get it done and then I had to stay at home for two days.  Those were two really boring days and then it rained on us up until today.  We tried to talk with people and get their address so that we can visit with them, but the rain does not help with that.  So we are now getting ready for this next week to have a baptism and to have a good start to a new transfer.

We did get boxes of candy on Halloween to celebrate and I got the last of the Christmas stuff for you all so I will be trying to get that out to you all this week. 

A really good part of the week was that we marked a new baptismal date for the 10th and he passed his baptismal interview.  We have another investigator who has not gotten married yet because of not having enough money right now, but he will get married here in a little bit.

Dad that is awesome that you got a new companion for home teaching, tell him for me to take care of you with the home teaching and try and help him find the value and the worth of home teaching. That is something that I am finding on the mission, that most of the family home teachers here don't know the importance of why they are doing home teaching and some only do it because they are required to do it, not because they actually want to do it. I really miss doing home teaching, it brought a lot of joy to be helping people. I didn't know the whole worth and value of home teaching when I started home teaching with you, but I learned from you the value and worth and also with my other home teaching companion as well. But it is our first companion that sets everything up for us, just like the first companion on the mission. The first companion shows you the ropes and gets you started on the right path.

I can't wait to get the package from you guys and I can't wait to talk with you all at Christmas. I will be trying to send a package home to you which I am going to try and do that today, we will see what happens.

Oh, I will be staying one more transfer so I will be here for 9 months in one area, that is pretty crazy.  Well, I don't know what else to put down, so miss ya!
 
Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!