Tuesday, September 4, 2012

9/3/12 Email from São Mateus

So this week was a week of running around.  We were just doing everything.  We had a meeting in another city one day that pretty much destroyed our schedule that day.  Then we had a lot of things that just went a little wrong, but in the end we fixed them.  One was filling up the baptismal font, that was a fun one.  The other one was getting clothes for our baptism person to wear.  We had to make a toga for her to use because the baptismal clothes that we had did not fit because she is pregnant.

Well, I can't really think of anything else that we did that was out of the ordinary other than walk a lot.  We figured out that we walked at least 75 miles last week and pretty much each week, yeah that was fun to figure out.  We didn't really meet anyone new this week unfortunately, but well you have weeks like that.

The funnest thing that we did was pretty much just messing around during the day.  Oh, I wore the bacon tie all day yesterday.  That was pretty funny to hear what all of the members were saying about it.  Some loved it and others hated it, it was kind of funny.

My best experience that I had this week was at the baptismal meeting.  I was conducting the meeting and as I was conducting I talked a little bit about baptism and also when I was just sitting there during the meeting I felt the Spirit there really strongly and it made me really happy and joyful.
 
I can't wait to go for a ride when I get back that should be pretty fun. I am missing riding my dirt bike.  I am sorry that I don't really have too much more for you, but that is pretty much all that happened this week.  Also, I have to go and get a lot of stuff done this p-day and I have very little time to do it in.  Miss you and love you .

Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!