Monday, May 14, 2012

5/14/12 Email from São Mateus

It was good to talk with you all yesterday.  I am sending you a picture of the monkeys and of an owl. I am trying to get a picture of the parrots still for Megan.  Sounds like she is having a lot of fun with the Daffodil Princess stuff.  I wish that I could be there to see it, but i am here doing the Lord´s work.  We have to be willing to endure to the end, and if we do not endure to the end with patience and with a good attitude we will not receive the same blessings that the Lord is saving for us.

Sounds like you are busy getting the yard ready for summer.  I kind of miss working in the yard, even though I hated it, I miss the manual labor.

[Which lessons did you get to teach this week?]  We are teaching a lot of the first lesson, we are finding a lot of new people and it is good to teach that lesson a lot so that well you can remember all of the parts of it.  Really what we are usually doing is teaching what the people need, which means sometimes we teach part of one lesson and then part of another.  We don't really teach a full lesson all of the time.

[What was the best part of your week.] The best part of my week would have had to be yesterday being able to talk with you all. The other parts of the week we ran into some things that weren't so great, because 8 out of our 14 baptism dates that we had marked fell through. We have planned really high goals for this week and we will be working our hardest to complete our goals this week.

Miss you all and love ya.
 
Elder McBarron
 
 

1 comment:

  1. 8 out of 14???? I know that is a bummer.... but he got to baptize 6??!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!