Monday, April 16, 2012

4/16/12 Email from Colatina

My week was not as bad as yours, but it was a tough week for me.  I tried to be with members as much as possible this week, I taught a few lessons this week.  We don't really have a big teaching pool, just 2 families. Tomorrow will be a good day I will have a new area and also a new companion, a fresh new start.

[We shared with Adam the news of one of his sister's friends committing suicide this week.]  I don't really know what to write with that news, I am trying to think of something that I can say to help.  The only thing that I can think of is this:  "Be of good cheer for I am with you," "Peace be unto your soul".  These things always bring joy to me when I am reading the scriptures.  The Lord is always there to help us in our times of need and distress, especially when we are in situations such as this, "come unto me and I will give you rest, for my yoke is light and easy laden."  We need to seek the Lord for He is ready to help us on our path and is there to comfort us in all things.  Even though I may not be there to help you all, i am praying for you, and I know that Christ is ready to comfort you all, especially Megan now in her time of need. I miss you all and wish that I could have been there to help with this. Study the scriptures a little more this will help to bring peace and comfort.

My most spiritual moment this week was my interview with President Araújo. I got some letters too during the interview, one from my trainer Nate Turley and one from one of the people I baptized.  These were much needed letters, they had some really good advice and news in them.
I miss you all and love you all

Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!