Sunday, January 22, 2012

1/16/12 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[I have to apologize for this being a week late, lots of storms this week here in Washington State and we lost power for days.  So, here is Adam's emails from last week, our questions and comments are in brackets.]

[Let it snow , let it snow, let it snow; did you guess that it is snowing here?]  Thanks for the trunkyness, that's what we call homesickness here in the mission.  I wish that I could have been there for the snow.  Oh well, I am getting a pretty dark tan here.  This week I was frying a couple of days because I forgot my sunscreen in the apartment but I didn't fry too bad as I was good by the next day.

Things are going ok here, we aren't having the results that we would like from our work but that is sometimes part of being a missionary, right? We woke up this Sunday at 5:30 am to go and get our investigators and not one came to church with us.  We were at one house for about an hour trying to wake them up so that they could come to church, I was yelling pretty loud for about the whole time and no one woke up.

Oh, I found a DVD  and bought it for really cheap, guess what it is of . . . , the Woody the Woodpecker show.  But the only thing is that it is only in Portuguese so if you guys wanted to watch it with me I think that you would be a little lost.  I was really excited when I saw it because I hadn't seen that show in years!  I bought it for 2.50 reais which is about $1.25, that was pretty cool too.

[Are you supposed to find out if you are getting transferred this week?]  We have one last week of this transfer, to get things going right with all of the members and with our investigators.  I will find out if I will be transferred next Monday and I will not find out where I will be transferred to, if I am transferred, until next Tuesday.

[Are you keeping your space clean? How are chores divided between you and your roommates?]  We are keeping things clean, we divide everything up.  One person cleans the bathrooms, one cleans the kitchen, one person sweeps and one person mops.
 
[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience this week was that with the bishop here.  We had a really good lesson last night while we were teaching the mother of a member.  I started saying things about the first lesson that I had never thought of saying before and bishop said some really good stuff.

I was trying to send photos again this week but the computers here aren't liking me sending photos.
I hope all is going well for you.  Miss you all and love ya.
 
Seu Filho

Elder McBarron
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!