Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12/19/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[I'm so sorry to be so behind on posting Adam's emails, life just got too crazy with the holidays, our questions to him are in quotes.}

[Have you set up anymore baptisms or added anymore to your teaching pool?]  Me and my companion have made a goal to read about the Savior´s birth during this week.  This week was kind of a slow week for teaching people, everyone is busy getting stuff ready for Christmas or traveling, we did however add 8 people to our teaching pool, a family of 7 and a contact from 3 months ago that we could never get a hold of her until this week.  The main investigator in the family is the mom.  I don't have any baptisms set up for anytime soon right now, we have to work with people to help them with their vices and with getting married.

[What did you do for fun? What was funny? What made you laugh?]  For fun, me and my companion find that just talking is fun and I do weird stuff in the apartment like make funny noises, play with food that I am eating in the house, that kind of stuff. What was funny for me is that my companion trips over nothing it is kind of hilarious, we will be walking in the street and he will trip over nothing.

[What made you mad?]  What made me mad this week was my district leader, we entered in the house to plan for the night at 8:40 because one of our appointments fell and we were near the house and we we really only have this person that we can teach near the house because the people in our area will not open up their doors after 8:00 pm if they don't know you.  He said that we weren't following the hours, but we did the same thing that he did the night before, that really ticked me off, he doesn't really have the right to chastise us if he did the same thing the night before.

[How is the new Companion? What is your new companion's name? Since he is from Argentina which is Spanish speaking, just wonder if he knew Portuguese before going on his mission?]  My new companion is really cool, his name is Elder Ruiz.  He didn't know how to speak Portuguese before the mission. he has the same birthday as me too, but he is a year younger than me and he has a sister that is the same age as Megan.

[Did you get new roommates too? If so, who are they, where are they from, etc.?]  I still have the same roommates.

[Do you get to go to any Christmas celebrations this week?]  Yea, I got to go to the Christmas celebration for the ward, it was pretty cool!  We brought our investigators to it.

[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience was having fun at the party and also singing with the primary in their primary program yesterday.

[Where are you spending Christmas?]  We will be spending Christmas in the houses of members, I don't know which ones yet.

I am really excited for talking with you guys, I will probably use my Skype account to talk to you all.  If I can't use Skype I will call you guys.  Talk to you soon, love you and miss you all.

Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!