Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12/13/11 Email from Jardim Limoeiro

[Adam's email for this week, our questions are in brackets]

Things are going well here, my week was good but there are many things that I can improve on.

[Are you staying through Christmas or are you moving, weren't you finding out last week if you were staying through to the new year?]  I will be staying through the new year, my companion got transferred.  I have a new companion who is from Argentina.

[Do you get to Skye at Christmas or just a phone call. how long can you talk?]  I will most likely use Skype, but I am not sure about that I can only talk for about 40 minutes maximum.  I will most likely be able to talk here around 3 pm which would be about 9 am on the 25th.

[Did you get your other package?  Have you opened your presents? Are you going to put up a tree?]   I received my last package, thanks for the CD player and the Cd's, and thanks for the Lego Christmas tree, I did put it up on my study desk!  I have not opened any of the wrapped presents, I will open them on the 24th so that I can thank you all for them on the 25th. 

[Have you learned of any Brazilian Christmas traditions, anything different from us or the same?  How many wards are there in your area? Do they have Christmas parties?]  I think that all of the traditions are the same from what I can tell.  We have one ward in our area, and they have a Christmas party this Saturday. 

[Did you watch the Christmas devotional?   I watched President Monson's and President Uchtdorf's talks, they were pretty good.]  I didn't get to watch the Christmas devotional I don't even know when it was.

[How about your baptism's are they all set up?  How about the new person that you guys found, is he coming along?]   We don't have any baptisms set up right now that I  can say for certain that they will happen, but I know that we will have baptisms this transfer.  We have found a lot of new people and we are trying to prepare them for baptism, but so far we have only taught all of them the first lesson if that.  There are a few where we have just visited to get to know them and we haven't visited them back yet because of other appointments.

[Do you have any favorite people you have baptized that made an impact on you?]   I have had three baptisms that made an impact on me.  They are Malu, Michelle and Edna, they are the ones that I worked the most with for baptism and that are still going strong until today.

[What was the best thing about this week?  What was the most spiritual?]  My best thing about this week was the Christmas party with the mission.  It was the most fun and spiritual thing as well.  I also got to see Elder Turley before he left for home.  Oh, and, I got a new tie from President and Sister Araújo for Christmas.
That is all that I have for today, until next time.  Love you all and miss you all!

Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!