Monday, July 18, 2011

Letter Received 7/15/11 from Ancheita

We received a letter from Adam today and his companion, here is a little bit of the letter from his companion, Elder Turley:

. . .  The first night here we had a little meeting here at the house and talked about vision and goals and stuff and Elder McBarron looked at me and told me, "I am here just to help people."  Then I saw the moisture fill his eyes and he said, "I just want to help 1 person.  If I can save one person, I'll be happy."  He said it with a smile and I felt the Spirit.  It helped me remember even more how great it is to be a full time missionary of the Lord.  We talked a little bit more about being a missionary and I told him all about my mission so far and how at one point I almost went home and he said, "I'm grateful you didn't," and it made me feel great as his companion and I know we're supposed to be companions.  I felt that he truly cared about me, and thats what makes a great companionship. . . .  I just wanted you to know he is the companion that has the most love and sincere desire that I've had  He is in good hands out here. . . .  Sincerely, Elder Turley

Thank you Elder Turley for your kind words and for being a good companion to Elder McBarron!  It takes two to make a good companionship!

Here is Adam's letter:

Minha Familia, Eu sou muito grato por todos voces.  Eu amo todos voces.  Eu estou com saudades de todos voces.  Eu quero compartilhar meu testemunho com voces em portugues.  Eu sei que Deus e nosso amoroso Pui Celestial.  Eu sei que Jesus Cristo es meu Salvador e Redentor.  Eu seique eu sou um filho de Deus.  Eu sei que Evangelho e verdudeiro.  Eu sei que O Livro de Mormom e verdadeiro e contem as palavros de Deus.  Eu sei que Joseph Smith foi um profeta e tambem Thomas S. Monson e um profeta.  Eun nome de Jesus Cristo Amem.

I'm not sure I got that all typed up right, hopefully it is close.

I just wanted to share that with you and say that I really like my first area so far, Anchieta is really awesome, its right on the beach, we are pretty much opening the area here.  There isn't even a branch here, it is a member group.  There is a president of the member group, relief society president, young women's president and a gospel principles teacher and those are all of the callings.  We have to pretty much do everything by ourselves for our missionary work.  It's probably good though that I am starting off here as my first area.  The people here are awesome!  And I have heard that this is the only area in the mission that still does ocean baptisms, and that is because we don't have a font here, which I think is really cool!  I love and miss you all.  I hope all is going well for you.  Elder Adam McBarron

1 comment:

  1. You must be so proud of Adam! How exciting to hear from his companion, too. That must be so reassuring to know that Adam is surrounded by great people who are focused on the gospel. Is he any relation to the Washington Turleys?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!