Thursday, September 8, 2011

9/5/11 Email from Serra Sede

Our questions are in brackets.

I had a better week, I had to do a lot of work this week and I learned a lot this week.  I don't know why, but I was worrying that I didn't have the Spirit with me, but when I was looking back on the week last night, I realized that all that I did this week was done with the Spirit.  Satan has been trying hard this week to work on me and my companion.  He has been trying to bring us down anyway he could.  He has even been trying to use the dogs here, I was almost bitten this week by a dog and almost attacked by another, but I know that I was protected and my companion as well by our Heavenly Father.

[Are you still walking 10-15 miles a day?]  We are still walking that distance.

[Why don't you guys go buy bikes so you are not walking so far? Is it prohibited?]  It is against mission rules as far as I know to get bikes, or else I would go and get one.

[Did your baptism happen on Saturday, if so how was it?]  We had our baptism this Saturday, I heard that it was good.  I wasn't able to go because we accidentally scheduled to teach people during the same time as the baptism, so we had a division.  I taught the people with a Brazilian missionary that only has a month out in the field and he is 18.  My companion went to the baptism.  It was a good experience for me, it gave me more confidence in my ability to speak, it was an interesting day, but good.

[Do you know Elder Bagley, the missionary that had the accident with the train and lost his leg?] Yes I do kind of, he was the trainer for Elder Spencer.

[What kinds of food items would you like me to mail to you? (I hear Peanut Butter is a good one as well as Mac & Cheese)]  Mostly just peanut butter, we don't have too much time to make things at night.

[Did you find anyone to teach this week? What was your new plan?]  Yes we did, I was lead by the Spirit to people, and also this week we found a lady that had recently lost her daughter.   I was able to feel the love that her daughter had for her mom and also the joy that the daughter had that we were there teaching her mom.

[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience was pretty much just the whole week, but mostly with the division with another missionary where I went knocking doors all day and contacting people.  I was lead by the spirit a lot that day.

I don't have any new pictures right now to send, but I will send them as soon as I do.  I love you all and miss you all.

Elder Adam McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!