Thursday, September 15, 2011

9/12/11 Email from Serra Sede

Adam's email for this week, our questions are in brackets.

 My week was a little better but not too much, the adversary is working really hard in this area with our recent converts and investigators.  We were working on cleaning up a huge mess this week.  I also had a service project this week that during it I got a nice chunk of my hand taken out.   But all things turn out good in the end if you look for the bright side.  I included some pictures of the nice little gash, from the time I got the gash to the time of today to show the healing process.  I will probably have a scare from it so that is pretty cool!
[Any new people to teach this week?]  We don't really have any new people this week, but we are working on getting them.

[What do you do to keep going when you feel discouraged?]  When I feel discouraged, I  think what am I here for, to share this message of joy and happiness with the people here.  I also pray for help not to be discouraged and I also think that McBarrons don't give up until the job is done, that makes me feel better.

[What is your favorite area of Serra Sede?]  My favorite area of Serra Sede is Cascata, it reminds me a lot of eastern Washington and there are a lot of cool members that live there.

[Have you found anything fun on your P-day? or are you spending all day doing laundry? or are you using the cleaners?]  I have been playing soccer with the Brazilians on p-days for fun, we do laundry too on p-day, but sometimes we do it during the week if we need too.

[Do you get to eat at members homes much? What do you get fed?]  We get fed every day except for p-day.  We eat lunch with the members, lunch is the big meal here, not dinner.  We eat meat beans and rice, and what ever else the members decide to make for us.

[You said that the ward mission leader was a great, is he got it going for you guys and is he keeping you feed?]   The ward mission leader definitely keeps us fed.

[Are you suppose to be transferred soon? Do you know who you would like to be companions with?]   The next transfer is on the 20th I won't know until Sunday night whether I will be transferred and then I wouldn't find out who my companion would be or what area I would be going to until the day of the transfer.  I would like to be companions with one of the Assistants to the President, but other than that not really.

[What was your best experience this week?]  My best experience this week was going on a visit to a family in our area with Presidente Araújo, it was awesome.  He is really cool I am so glad that he is my mission president.

[Do you need anything? Do you want anything?]  I don't need or want anything at the moment other than letters

We have had a hard time trying to find news, but we are going to try getting news in a different part of our area.  Oh and by the way, it is probably over 80 here almost every day, so I know what you have been going through the past week for temp wise.  I love you all and miss you.
Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!