Monday, December 10, 2012

12/10/12 Email from São Mateus

Brazil has been gearing up for Christmas since the end of October.  We have been hearing Christmas music and seeing Christmas stuff since then.  They don't go all out like the Americans do but they do a lot of stuff.  Americans do a lot more than the Brazilians do.

Things have been a little tense this week as there have been some problems with one of the other elders that is living with us, but we got everything worked out yesterday.  Me and my companion are getting along fine.  I am getting along better with my District Leader, we talk about a lot of stuff and just mess around, I just feel better with him.  We are teaching a lot but we only have 1 baptism setup and it is for the 29th so I will probably not be here for that baptism.

I am up to the same old same old, teaching and teaching, having training meetings and teaching.  I am happy that it is almost Christmas.  Things will slow down after Christmas and after Christmas I only have four more months. 

I still don't know if i will be transferred or if I will be staying here.  I will probably find out on the 14th or 15th.  We have the mission Christmas party on the 18th, that is going to be great.  I am now getting my bags ready for a transfer because I will probably be transferred, but if not they will be ready for the next one.  If I get transferred I will send an email to you about where I am and when we can talk over Skype when I get to my new area.

I miss sitting and just watching movies, that is something that I am really missing now.  I am also missing the cold weather, it has been super hot here these past few days.  Me and my companion have gotten burned at least 2 times in 3 days and the Brazilians are getting burned as well.  It is getting to be really hot here as this is just the beginning of the summer here.

My most spiritual experience this week was helping resolve things with our one missionary roommate.  I sat down with him and talked with him for about a half hour and everything ended up just fine.

Well, I hope that the turkey was great.  Other than that I don't have too much left to say for this week. I love you and miss you.

Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!