Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22/12 Email from São Mateus

This week we went to a fair type thing and we got a lot of free fruit, that was cool.  We were just talking to a guy and he told us to go and grab a watermelon for free.  We found a kid that wants to be baptized.  He is almost 14, he is really excited about getting baptised and was really excited about church yesterday.  We are working with him to get him baptized on the 2nd of November.  I have an investigator that is going to be getting married soon and then afterwards he can be baptized.  Getting married here is a pain, there are a lot of things that you have to do and then you have to wait for about a month before you can get married.

This week was really crazy, we ran into a lot of investigators at other peoples houses that we had visited. We also visited a different church with an investigator that came with us to church. Yeah, let's just say that I had some experiences that strengthened my testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is really the true church of Christ here on the earth.

I  do not know if I will be going yet, we will find out not this Saturday but the next if I will be going.  I am doing well with my companion.  We play dominoes almost every night.
I am missing the cold weather, it is getting hotter and hotter here every day.

Well, those are the highlights of the week.   Miss you and love you.
 
Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!