Tuesday, June 12, 2012

6/11/12 Email From São Mateus

[How was your week, did your baptism happen?]  This week was pretty good.  We had our baptism, the baptismal day was just a hectic day, pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong. But we had the baptism and that is all that matters.  He also got to recieve the Aaronic Priesthood and he went to the dedication of the Temple in Manaus, Brazil. That was pretty cool and big for him.  I was not able to go and see the dedication of the Manaus temple, but i had some really good spiritual experiences with the people that we were teaching yesterday because of that.

[You said something that the construction is different there, how is it different?]  Well Brazilian construction is pretty much just rebar, bricks and concrete, that is all that they use and they use sand in the concrete.

[How is your companion doing?  Do you know what you are going to do when he goes home?]  My companion has another 2 weeks here with us and then he will be going home.  We have no idea what will happen.  We don't know if we will be companions or if President will send us new ones.  We are trying to go crazy every day but this week we started off the week with us 3 getting sick.  That was not fun.

[Your sister's graduation went well other than a major down pour in the middle of it.  Gram, Uncle Dave, Tiffany and Mia were all able to come.]  Sounds like it was a fun graduation!  Everything here was dry all week until last night and then it just poured like crazy.  When  I get back home I will be able to talk with Mia right, she is starting to talk isn't she?

[Are you starting to look forward to coming home and what you are going to do?]  Yeah, I am starting to look forward to the end, but not because I want to leave, but because I am missing working with my hands.  I am just going to work hard so that the time flies by and so I can help people.

I know that there is not too much here this time, we were pretty much just getting things ready for the baptims this week so that he would be ready. here is a picture.  Miss you mom and hope all is well.
Seu Filho
Elder McBarron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!