Monday, August 27, 2012

8/28/12 email from São Mateus

So this week I got my birthday package and loved everything that was in there and my companion as well.  I really liked the Star Wars stuff and the bacon tie.  Also, thanks for the BBQ sauce, we are definitely enjoying that.  My birthday was pretty great this year and last here on the mission.

It is really cool here to be getting to know pretty much the whole city like the back of my hand just like I did with the last area where I stayed for a long time.

We had a baptism, we baptized a man that was very large and could not bend his knees so we had to have me and my companion there to help support the weight and make sure that he was baptized correctly.  That was pretty fun as I got to be the one to baptize him.

So it is raining a lot here, it is starting to remind me of home.  I am starting to have a hard time trying to write in English.  I started studying and writing what I am studying only in Portuguese and that is messing with me a little.

So I am trying to remember what all happened this week other than the zone meeting and getting the package and cards there.  The only other thing that was really exciting would have to be the baptism that we had.  Oh yeah, I did a service project that was really fun.  I got to cut up huge branches from a tree into smaller pieces with a machete that was really fun, but I got some blisters on my hand that popped that was not too much fun.

Well, I have to go, but hey here are some more pictures, mostly of my birthday gifts.  Love you and miss you.

Elder McBarron







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!